The Faculty of Dance & Drama offers a four- year Bachelor of Performing Arts Special Degree Programmes.
- Bachelor of Performing Arts (Special Degree)
- Department of Kandyan Dance
- Department of Low-Country Dance
- Department of Sabaragamuwa Dance
- Department of Theatre, Ballet & Modern Dance
- Department of Indian & Asian Dance
- Department of Percussion Music
- Department of History and Theory of Dance & Drama
Each of the degree programmes offered by the faculty consists of eight semesters of full time study with two semesters for each year. A semester comprises of 15 calendar weeks. The students are required to complete an independent research study relevant to their field of specialization in the final semester.
Examinations are conducted at the end of each semester. The Grade Point Average (GPA) system is in practice to assess the performance of undergraduates. All the students in the faculty have the possibility of following a Computer Literacy Course and an English Proficiency Course throughout the four year academic period.
The Faculty enrolls about 250 undergraduates annually. All departments conduct special degree courses. In addition to the normal lectures, practical sessions and tutorials classes are arranged. Specialists in the relevant fields and subjects areas conduct special lectures and workshops for the benefit of the students. The graduates are capable of finding employment opportunities in government and private schools, media institutions and other relevant cultural organizations.
In addition to the undergraduate programmes Faculty of Dance & Drama of the University of the Visual & Performing Arts commenced its Postgraduate study programmes since 2008. Both practical as well as theoretical classes are being conducted by a well experienced and qualified panel of lecturers. MA (one year) and MPA (two year) courses in selected subject areas are being conducted under the supervision and guidance of the faculty staff.
Also the Faculty is scheduled to conduct part-time extension courses in addition to full-time courses for those who qualify at the GCE (A/L) Examination.
- Diploma in Kathak
- Diploma in Bharatha Natyam
- Diploma in Television & Film Studies
- Diploma in Kandyan Dance
- Diploma in Low Country Dance
- Diploma in Sabaragamuwa Dance
- Diploma in Oriental Ballet and Modern Dance
- Diploma in Drama & Theatre
- Diploma in Research Methodology
- Diploma in Oriental Drumming
අධ්යයන වාර දර්ශකය 2014/2015 අධ්යයන වර්ෂය