DEPARTMENT OF SABARAGAMUWA DANCE
The field of Sabaragamuwa dance is a prominent dancing style in the Sri Lankan dancing culture as it exhibits the esteemed and proud Sri Lankan heritage to the world. This program has been designed as a four-year special degree to produce resourceful graduates with a theoretical and practical knowledge of Sabaragamu Dance. Department of Sabaragamu Dance equipped with professionally qualified four Grade I Senior Lecturers, one Grade II Senior Lecturer, one (Probationary) Lecturer and an Accompanist.
- I. H. Madushani was awarded the best presenter medal for her research paper titled ‘Sathun Pilibanda athi Adhiwishwasa’ at the FDD 2nd Student Research Symposium held on 19 – 20 December 2019, at Paneebharatha theatre, Faculty of Dance and Drama, Colombo 07.
- A. D. C. Jayalath was awarded the best presenter medal for her research paper titled ‘Aithihasika Kmbulumulla Pattini Dewalaye sathara mangalya charithra warithra’ at the FDD 2nd Student Research Symposium held on 19 – 20 December 2019, at Paneebharatha theatre, Faculty of Dance and Drama, Colombo 07.
- G. D. M. Uthpala Theekshana Aththanayaka’s ‘Sabaragamu Natum mishra pattini Upatha’ dance item received the 1st Place award in the National competition organized by the National Youth Services Council held at Nelum Pokuna Mahinda Rajapaksa Theatre on 25th December 2018.
- R. Neel Senanayaka was awarded the ‘Nirmanathmaka Wadana Shilpiya’ 1st place award at Kavitha 2012 which was held at Nelum Pokuna Mahinda Rajapaksa Theatre on 23rd February 2012.
- Two rooms for dance practical sessions.
- There is a very small room for the Department Head which isn’t spacious enough to have the department’s assets(It’s very packed and unprofessional).