Qualifications: PhD, MEng (Tokyo Tech, Japan), BSc (Special)(Kelaniya)
Anusha Jayasiri received a Doctor of Engineering degree from the Department of Information Processing, Interdisciplinary Graduate School of Science and Engineering, Tokyo Institute of Technology, Japan in 2015. She also holds a Master of Engineering degree from the above university and a Bachelor of Science (Special) degree in Statistics and Computer Science from the Faculty of Science, University of Kelaniya, Sri Lanka. During her postgraduate studies in Japan, she was working as a research assistant at the Precision and Intelligence Laboratory as well as the Photonics Integration-Core Electronics (PICE) of the Tokyo Institute of Technology and, was also a recipient of the “Monbukagaksho Honors Scholarship” sponsored by The Japan Student Services Organization (JASSO) based on academic merit. Her research findings in the field of Virtual Reality have been presented at top conferences in Japan, Spain, South Korea and Sri Lanka. Currently she is serving as a Senior Lecturer (Grade II) in Computer Science as well as the Director/OTS,AHEAD Project of the University of the Visual and Performing Arts, Sri Lanka. She is also working as a visiting lecturer for the B.Sc. (Special) degree in Computer Science at the University of Kelaniya as well as a resource person for various government institutions in Sri Lanka. Her current research interests are in the fields of virtual reality, haptic devices, multimedia technologies, computer graphics and image processing. She is particularly interested in interdisciplinary research that combines computer science, technology with visual and performing arts to develop applications in the fields of education, entertainment and digital media.
Virtual Reality, Multimedia Applications, Image Processing, Computer Vision
- Adding 6DOF Motion Perception to a 2D Image Sequence using a Haptic Device, Journal of Visual & Performing Arts Research, Faculty of Graduate Studies, University of the Visual & Performing Arts, December,2018 Pg. 33 – 40
- Anusha Jayasiri, Katsuhito Akahane and Makoto Sato (2014) “Adding 3D Interactivity to a 2D Image Sequence using the String-
based Haptic Device”, IIEEJ Transactions on Image Electronics and Visual Computing, Vol.2, No.2, p159-167.
- Anusha Jayasiri, Katsuhito Akahane and Makoto Sato (2013) “Object Motion Rendering with the String-based Haptic Interface SPIDAR for Enhanced Video Viewing Experience”, International Journal on Advances in ICT for Emerging Regions , Vol.5 & 6, No.1, p48-58.
Conference Full Paper (Reviewed)
- Effective Right-Turn Bay of Signalized Intersections for Congested Hours, Yashoda Senevirathna, Anusha Jayasiri, 2018 National Information Technology Conference (NITC), October 2018, Sri Lanka
- Anusha Jayasiri, Kenji Honda, Katsuhito Akahane and Makoto Sato (2013) “Feeling Wind: An Interactive Haptization System for Motion Rendering in Video Contents using SPIDAR”, In Proc. of 23rd International Conference on Artificial Reality and Telexistence (ICAT 2013), p54-60, Tokyo, Japan.
- Anusha Jayasiri, Katsuhito Akahane and Makoto Sato (2012) “Feeling the Motion of Object in a Dynamic Image Sequence through Haptic Interface”, In Proc. of International Conference on Advances in ICT for Emerging Regions (ICTer2012), p19-26, Colombo, Sri Lanka.
- Anusha Jayasiri, Katsuhiko Akahane and Makoto Sato (2012) “Haptic Rendering of Dynamic Image Sequence Using String based Haptic Device SPIDAR”, In Proc. of Joint Virtual Reality Conference of ICAT- EGVE-EuroVR (JVRC2012), Madrid, Spain.
Extended Abstracts (Reviewed)
- Tracking and Analysis of Different Traditional Dancing Styles in Sri Lanka, A Jayasiri, Proceedings of International Conference on Three Dimensional Systems and Applications 2018, August 2018, Taipei, Taiwan
- An Intelligent Traffic Light Control Based on Traffic Area, Randima Suhadini Fernando, Anusha Jayasiri, Proceedings of International Conference on Advances in ICT for Emerging Regions, September 2018, Colombo, Sri Lanka.
- Traffic through – An effective right-turn-bay of signalized intersections for busy hours, WYH Seneviratne, A Jayasiri, International Research Conference on Smart Computing and Systems Engineering, March 2018, Colombo, Sri Lanka.
- Vehicle type validation for highway entrances using convolution neural networks, LNW Juwanwadu, A Jayasiri, International Research Conference on Smart Computing and Systems Engineering, March 2018, Colombo, Sri Lanka
- Intelligent traffic controller using image processing, JJRS Fernando, A Jayasiri, International Research Conference on Smart Computing and Systems Engineering, March 2018, Colombo, Sri Lanka
- Virtual Reality based framework for archaeologically important places in Sri Lanka, R.M.N.Dammika, Anusha jayasiri,
International Research Symposium UVPA, December 2018, Colombo, Sri Lanka
- Anusha Jayasiri (2016) “Applications of Virtual Reality Technology in Performing Arts”, In Proc. of Research Symposium, University of the Visual & Performing Arts.
- Anusha Jayasiri, Shuhan Ma, Yihan Qian, Katsuhito Akahane, Makoto Sato(2015) “Desktop Versions of the String-based Haptic Interface- SPIDAR ”, In Proc. of IEEE Virtual Reality Conference (IEEE VR2015) , Arles, France.
- Anusha Jayasiri, Katsuhito Akahane and Makoto Sato (2014) “3D Translational Haptic Motion Rendering from an 2D Image Sequence”, In Proc. of Three Dimensional Systems and Applications (3DSA2014), Seoul, Korea.
- Anusha Jayasiri, Katsuhito Akahane and Makoto Sato (2013) “A Proposal of 3D Haptic Motion Rendering of an Object in a Video”, In Proc. of Three Dimensional Systems and Applications (3DSA2013), CD, Osaka, Japan.
- ジャヤシリ アヌシャ, 赤羽 克仁 & 佐藤 誠 (2012) “Rendering of Moving Information using Haptic Feedback in Dynamic Image Sequence”, 2012年映像情報メディア学会年次大会, CD, Hiroshima, Japan.
- Anusha Jayasiri, Prasad Wimalarathna (2009) “State-of-the-Art in Cloth Simulation”, In Proc. of the 27 th National IT Conference (NITC 09), Colombo, Sri Lanka
- Anusha Jayasiri, D.J.C.Suriyaarachchi (2005) “Preparation of Faculty Time Table: An Analytical Approach”, In the Proc. of Annual Reasearch Symposium, Faculty of Graduate Studies, University of Kelaniya.