The stARTup University Business Linkage Cell – UBL
The “stARTup” was established in 2018 at the University of Visual & Performing Arts with the vision to establish an entrepreneurial eco-system in the field of creative and performing arts with world class facilities and infrastructure that support effective translation of knowledge and innovation into formation of flourishing Visual and Performing Arts entrepreneurs, contributing to the socio-economic development of Sri Lanka.
The mission is to foster, nourish and promote innovations and entrepreneurships in the field of Visual and Performing Arts amongst the university community and other stakeholders through education, training, incubation, research and consulting activities. Objectives of this initiative:
- Results Area 1: Increasing Enrolment in Priority Disciplines for Economic Development
- Results Area 2: Improving the Quality of Higher Education
- Results Area 3: Promoting Research, Development and Innovation
The implementing agency of the AHEAD Project is the Ministry of Higher Education and Cultural affairs assist at the national level by the University Grants Commission (UGC). There is an Operation and Monitoring Support Team (OMST) in the Ministry with close links to the UGC to coordinate and provide academic, technical, and operational expertise for the implementation of AHEAD operations. The OMST has branch Operations Technical secretariats (OTS) offices in each universities. The OMST and OTSs will organize regular capacity-building activities for the relevant staff of the UVPA, including in procurement, financial management, and contract management, throughout the program implementation.
What is UBL?
To establish an entrepreneurial eco-system in the field of creative and performing arts with world class facilities and infrastructure that support effective translation of knowledge and innovation into formation of flourishing Visual and Performing Arts entrepreneurs contributing to the socio-economic development of Sri Lanka.
UBL CELL Staff
Dr. Priyeshni P. Perera Director UBL CELL University of Visual & Performing Arts Phone: 0714443033 Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. R.M.T.Sandumini Herath Manager UBL CELL University of Visual & Performing Arts Phone :0719205526 Email: email@example.com
UBL Advisory Board Members
- The Vice-Chancellor – Senior Professor Rohana P Mahaliyanaarachchi
- The Dean of the Faculty of Music – Mr. G.B.C. Dayawansha
- The Dean of the Faculty of Dance & Drama – Dr. K.W.K.M.M.W. Indika Ferdinando
- The Dean of the Faculty of Visual Arts – Mr. M.J. Raveendra
- The Dean of the Faculty of Graduate Studies – Prof. Saumya Liyanage
- The Director – OTS – Dr. M. A. A. H. Jayasiri
- The Director – UBL – Dr. Priyeshni Perera
- The Director – CGU – Dr. Ruwin Dias
- Ms. Kishani Jayasinghe (Deputy Director (Programmes) SAARC Cultural Centre)
- Mr. Ashoka Handagama (Film Director / Assistant Governor Central Bank)
UBL Faculty Coordinators
- Dr.ChinthakaMeddedegoda – Faculty of Music
- Mr. Asela Rangadeva – Faculty of Dance & Drama
- Dr. Priyantha Udagedara – Faculty of Visual Arts
On Going Projects
- Funding & investing on New Innovative Products & services with Commercialization value
- “The University Performing Arts Free Lance Project”
- Business partnerships with UVPA
Technology and Innovation Support Center (TISC) Establishing Technology and Innovation Support Centers (TISC) in Sri Lanka is a joint project of World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) and National Intellectual Property Office (NIPO) of Sri Lanka. TISC program in the university is designed to give university staff and local inventers easy access to locally based, high quality technology information and related services. Consultancy and Advisory The UBL Cell of University of Visual & Performing Arts has several highly experienced specialists (faculty members) in the multidisciplinary fields to handle projects of any magnitude. Specialists are hired from other academic departments of the University for Areas where ever required. The highly motivated and energetic undergraduate student base and well-trained research assistants are an added advantage in implementing this activity. https://www.wipo.int/pct/en/ https://www.wipo.int/copyright/en/ https://www.wipo.int/trademarks/en/ Research & Development The UBL Cell of University of Visual & Performing Arts undertakes research in variety of fields related to following sectors by application of scientific knowledge.
- Textile & Wearable Arts
- Visual Communication Design
- Multimedia Arts
- Multi-Disciplinary Design
- History and Art Theory
The UBL Cell of University of Visual & Performing Arts is highly interested in collaborative scientific research in the above areas as well as any other areas according to client requirements. Please Contact Us for further information.
Information Disclosure Agreements (IDA) An IDA is a contract between The University and another party that covers discussions about confidential or propriety information. The parties promise not to disclose information exchanged in discussions about research or business collaboration. Material Transfer Agreements (MTA) An MTA is a contract that allows one party to perform research using the materials of another party. This agreement governs common issues such as allowable uses, transfer of rights, intellectual property rights, confidentiality, and liability.
University Business Linkage Cell (UBL Cell) 3rd Floor, Vice Chancellor’s Lodge, University of Visual & Performing Arts, No. 21, Albert Crescent, Colombo 07, Sri Lanka. Phone : +94 112 033 710 EMail : firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/UBL-CELL-University-of-Visual-Performing-Arts Instagram : https://www.instagram.com/UBL-StARTUP-of-UVPA
Ms. R.M.T.Sandumini Herath Manager UBL CELL University of Visual & Performing Arts Phone: 0769130896 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org