Proposal Title- Roadmap to wellness: exploring customized music therapy and relaxation responses with miRNAs changes
The proposal submitted by Dr W.K.R.R Dias, Faculty of Music and his research team under Development Oriented Research Grants, AHEAD project in Result Area 03 titled ‘Roadmap to Wellness: Exploring Customised Music Therapy and Relaxation Responses with miRNAs Changes’ was approved and won 40 million LKR
- Identify the burden and risk factors for none communicable diseases
- Develop a music therapy and conduct a pilot study
- Develop customized music therapy and affirmations
- Music therapy and effects
- Transcriptome and hormonal effects of the music therapy
Proposal Title- “Lamp in a windless place” – An Analysis of the development of an actor training methodology through Sri Lankan combative art forms.
The proposal submitted by Prof Saumaya Liyanage, Faculty of Dance and Drama and his research team under Development Oriented Research Grants, AHEAD project in Result Area 03 titled ‘Developing an actor training methodology through Sri Lankan combative art forms’ was approved and won 10 million LKR.
- Literary survey & ethnographic field work
- Developing a performer training audio-visual repository
- Developing a studio enquiry with the combative artists
- Drafting the training methodology
- MPhil & publications